Productivity is essential for success in any industry.
Whether you are a mum looking for ways to manage time with the kids and work, or an entrepreneur who needs to strike that perfect balance between work and leisure, productivity is something we should all strive for.
- Being productive and efficient are two qualities that should go hand-in-hand. They are a very important part of any company’s success in the long run.
- Productivity is the measure of how much work gets done in a given period of time.
Efficiency is the measure of how much work gets done with a certain amount of input, like time, money or resources.
- A company should have both qualities to be successful and these two are the major factors that separates companies who succeed from those who fail.
Factors That Hamper Productivity And Efficiency
The list of factors that affect productivity is long. It includes everything from the type of work you’re doing, to your attitude and mindset.
There Are Five Factors That Can Affect Productivity Including:
- work environment
- Work style
- Support from colleagues
- Leadership style
1)Workplace Distractions And Interruptions Often Affect The Productivity Of An Individual
Workplace distractions and interruptions include: a colleague stopping by your desk to ask you a question, the phone ringing, a voice message from a client on your voicemail, or your email notification beeping.
2) Low Morale Of Employees
Lack of motivation in the employees, which can be a result of low wages, lack of appreciation or recognition for their work, or even poor management at the workplace
3) Poor Working Conditions
Poorly designed office space, low maintenance of the workplace adds to demotivated employees who lose interest in their job as well as workspace that results in low productivity and limits creativity.
4) Lack Of Healthy Food Options At The Workplace
due to lack of food options like mess or canteen facility , employees feel stressed and as a consequence they disengage from their work.
5) Lack Of Proper Equipment And Tools Needed To Do Their Job
the unavailability of proper tools and equipment can severely hamper one’s productivity and efficiency.
However you can overcome these obstacles and strive forward to ensure productivity and gain benefit from economical cost.
The Following Tips Will Help You Out To Ensure Maximum Productivity And Efficiency.
1. Be prepared: Be ready for any task that comes your way in the office.
While being prepared does not mean, you have to be an expert in all the tasks you do, it does mean that you need to know what is going on, who is doing what and how to get your job done on time.
Know when meetings are happening, who are participating and how long they are going to take so that your day goes smoothly.
2. Get organized: Make sure everything around you is organized–your desk, your calendar, your files etc., so that if someone asks for something from you, chances are good there will be no trouble locating it quickly.
This also helps avoid unnecessary distractions while working and helps decrease stress as well.
3. Change up the environment: If staying in one desk or cubicle every day feels like a never-ending cycle of boredom, try doing things a little.
If You Want To Ensure Maximum Productivity, It Is Essential To Have A Set Of Tools That Will Help You Do Your Work Efficiently.
The top 10 tools for productivity and efficiency:
These are tools that can help you get more done in less time.
The 10 Tools For Productivity And Efficiency:
1. Time management app
2. To-do list app
3. Calendar app
4. Email client
5. Web browser
6. Social media management tool
7. Text editor
8. Google Docs
9. Video editing software
10. Screen casting software
“Productivity is the result of how efficient you’re working.”
” If Means Is Productivity Then Ends Will Be Efficiency “